As Brass Teacher and Director of Wind Ensembles at Thomas-s London Day School, Fulham, Ellie takes great pride in her students. With a fun yet focussed approach, Ellie encourages students to develop technique and musicianship through exciting, varied repertoire.
Recently, Ellie has coached chamber music at the Junior Department of the Royal Academy of Music, London.
Ellie has room for private students of all ages and abilities, jazz or classical. Her current students enjoy success in examinations, involvement in ensembles, and work towards Junior Conservatoire entrance.
Ellie also has experience in Outreach work, including
- FunHarmonics ‘Come and Try’ sessions for the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- song-writing workshops for the Teenage Cancer Trust
- song-writing workshops in conjunction with English Touring Opera for people with Altzheimers
- a minimalist project with schools in Camberwell and the London Sinfonietta
- brass demonstrations in numerous primary and secondary schools
- guest artist with Hackney Music Development Trust, The Forge in Camden, and Sunrise Sounds, music-making sessions for the under 5s.